The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Accounting Manager to lead our AP/AR and Payroll team who will help us on the path to change the way we eat and the impact we have on our planet.
In this role you will orchestrate the general accounting, reporting, and tax activities alongside your team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the general accounting department including: Accounts payable/receivable, Payroll, and General ledger
- Oversee the monthly financial close process, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage sales & use tax, property tax, and payroll tax
- Key contributor to annual audit, income tax prep, and internal & external reporting
- Special projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and 2+ years of management experience
- Experience with Netsuite and Coupa preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator who is results oriented without losing sight of the big picture
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and deliver under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a public company preferred
- Experience in a VC-backed startup environment preferred
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.