2nd Shift Sanitation Supervisor – Newark
AeroFarms is building a brand-new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ to serve the NY Metro area. The facility will be the world’s largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and herbs. To support substantial interest from national retailers, AeroFarms also plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in other cities and countries soon. The company is dedicated to enabling local production at a commercial scale in markets throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to be the Sanitation Supervisor for AeroFarmsâ€™ new growing and packaging facility for RTE leafy greens in Newark, New Jersey. In this role, you will report directly to the FSQA Sr. Manager. You will be assisting the Plant Manager and Food Safety and Quality Assurance Sr. Manager in developing/implementing sanitation procedures and programs to comply with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate has over two yearsâ€™ experience in sanitation in the food industry. Experience in ready-to-eat perishable products (growing, packaging, and shipping) industry, microbiology, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) is a plus. He/she will be an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. Our organization also values individuals who can lead by example and keep the focus on a team-centered environment with shared success.
- Supervise the Sanitation technicións responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of AeroFarms production and processing. The Sanitation Supervisor will also have a close working relationship with Operations, Engineering, Horticulture, R&D, and Marketing Teams.
- Schedule sanitation employees for their daily jobs according to the daily production schedule.
- Inspect and monitor; ensure employees do their jobs according to the company approved SOP.
- Inspect machinery, plant floor areas, outside areas, composting areas, and tools/utensils used in sanitation and ensure good condition.
- Proactively ensure all plant areas are maintained to operating standards day and night.
- Schedule all cleaning and sanitizing tasks according to master cleaning schedules, monitor progress, and keep the sanitation master cleaning schedule up to date.
- Conduct impromptu internal facility inspections with the food safety team to mirror regulatory inspections; prepare written reports of findings, and make recommendations for corrective or preventive measures.
- Coordinate with maintenance any job required to keep the deep cleaning schedules up to date.
- Coordinate with maintenance any cleaning/sanitation required after repairs have been made, to ensure safe food production.
- Ensure all employees follow proper GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and safety procedures while performing sanitation work.
- Evaluate employees on their performance and apply company approved disciplinary actions when needed (e.g., when employees do not follow safety or sanitation procedures).
- Ensure employees keep accurate records.
- Keep plant inspection-ready by utilizing personnel and reducing downtime.
- Conduct coaching discussions with employees, give suggestions, and get feedback; communicate issues and concerns to the manager.
- Communicate with a manager when support is not readily given by another department when facility deviations occur.
- Assume new responsibilities as they arise.
- Assists, plans, and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Advise Food Safety & Quality Director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Maintain safety files and records.
- Develop and implement training and cross-training programs for Sanitation Department employees
- Review charts, flow rates, sanitation records, and chemical concentrations for accuracy.
- Document and conduct monthly meetings about good housekeeping, safety, and company policy.
- Develop and monitor the Sanitation Departmentâ€™s supply and labor budget
- Enforce company policy on company rules, safety rules, attendance, and Sanitation Department requirements
- Update and evaluate the Sanitation Departmentâ€™s manual and Master Sanitation Schedule to reflect changes in new equipment, equipment design, or changes in the cleaning process
- Conduct training to reflect any changes
- Evaluates cost-effectiveness of Chemical Supplier programs required to support all regulatory and customer audits and maintain appropriate records
- Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred or sufficient work experience.
- 3 or more yearsâ€™ experience in a related field.
- 2 – 5 years’ sanitation experience in a food service environment.
- 2 or more years’ supervisory experience.
- General knowledge of equipment operation within the food production industry.
- Mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Ability to work split shifts, a combination of 1st and 3rd shifts.
- Ability to positively motivate people and discipline when necessary.
Sanitation, food safety, quality, quality assurance, quality control, HACCP, GMP, auditing, CAPA, SQF, microbiology, leafy greens, fresh packaging, food production.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.