About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a 1st Shift Sanitation Technician. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
Under the direct supervision of farm management, the 1st Shift Sanitation Technician is responsible for following routine farm tasks according to AeroFarms’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Clean and sanitize the facility to meet Quality Control and Bacterial Standards quickly and efficiently.
- Frequently lift/move hoses, equipment, chemical containers weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Assist in transporting heavy equipment with forklifts or other devices.
- Wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc. some of which to be supplied by the employer).
- Utilizing chemical cleaning solution (with protective gear).
- Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, bending, etc. during long periods.
- Performs a variety of general and routine tasks with supervision.
- All team members will have basic knowledge of tasks needed to be complete.
- Rotational weekend work
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months – 2 years of experience working within food production and/or warehousing environment.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and speak basic English.
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 75lbs.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.