The NYC Ag Collective – a consortium commercial urban farms, tech companies, and non-profits – is pleased to announce the 5th annual Virtual NYC AgTech Week, the only AgTech conference on the East Coast run by leaders of the industry themselves.
This year’s two-day virtual conference features virtual farm tours, panels, and networking events focused on the fast growing and innovative AgTech sector, and promises access to industry founders, investors, startups, and thought leaders.
Day 1: Tuesday, 10/20 | 12:00-5:30p EDT (4:00-9:30p GMT) – “The Local View”
12:00-12:10pm EDT: Welcome from the NYC Agriculture Collective
12:10-1:30pm EDT: Introduction to NYC Urban Agriculture. Virtual Tours + Live Panel + Audience Q&A.
- Yemi Amu | Oko Farms
- Rob Laing | Farm.One
- Kadeesha Williams | NYBG Bronx Green-Up + Taqwa Community Garden
- Henry Sztul | Bowery Farming
- Moderated by: Jenna Liut | Eating Matters podcast
2:00-3:15pm EDT: NYC Food Resilience During COVID-19. Live Panel + Audience Q&A.
- Kathy Soll | Teens For Food Justice
- LaToya Meaders | Collective Fare
- Andrew Carter | Smallhold
- Keith Carr | City Harvest
- Moderated by: Stephen Ritz | Green Bronx Machine
3:30-4:00pm EDT: NYC AgTech Startups: Where Are They Now? Updates & product showcases from 3 AgTech startups who participated in 2019’s pitch contest.
- Sarah Sanders | Native AgTech
- Sashti Balasundaram | WeRadiate
- Zachary Witman | GrowSquares
4:15-5:30pm EDT: Networking Breakout Rooms
12:00-12:05pm EDT: Welcome from the NYC Agriculture Collective
12:05-3:00pm EDT: Spotlights on Global Urban Agriculture Hotbeds – Virtual Tours + Live Panel Discussions + Audience Q&A
- 12:05pm EDT – India
- 12:50pm EDT – Israel
- 1:45pm EDT – UK
- 2:30pm EDT – Nigeria
3:15-3:45pm EDT: A Look Ahead – Product Showcases from 4 other North American AgTech startups
- Alexander Oelsen | Babylon Micro-Farms
- Monti Willis | GrowComputer
- Valerie Song | AVA Technologies
- Ricky Stephens | Agritecture Designer
4:00-5:30pm EDT: Networking Breakout Rooms
*A full list of speakers can be found here.
Who Typically Attends NYC AgTech Week?
- Entrepreneurs & Founders of urban farming & agtech organizations around the world
- Current & Aspiring Farmers seeking to connect with and learn from industry peers
- Investors & Grantmakers focused on food security and sustainable agriculture
- Students & Academics studying food systems, food security, urban agriculture, and sustainable development
- City planners, Architects, & Real Estate developers looking at more sustainable & equitable ways to design and develop cities
- City officials & Policymakers looking at new ways to encourage job development & healthy food access in the green economy
- Corporates & Supply Chain professionals looking to better understand the opportunity around local food systems