In this fun, interactive workshop you will learn how to make your own paper pots and recycle common items such as plastic fruit punnets, to sow your vegetable seeds. You will also learn which vegetables are best for beginners as well as the basics of propagating from seed. We will show you how you can care for your plants throughout the seasons to achieve a successful harvest. All for small spaces!
This is a wonderful way to grow something special together. If you would like to follow along by creating your own pots and planting seeds during the workshop then please bring:
- Small glass jar (diameter approx 5-6cm)
- Newspaper (few sheets)
- Vegetable / herb seeds (check the back of the seed packet and choose ones that are suitable for sowing in Feb / March)
- Cellotape / any other sticky tape
- Compost (Approx 3 litres or a few handfuls is fine)
- Selection of empty and clean containers such as: Egg cartons, plastic fruit punnets, margarine tubs and toilet rolls.
All our online workshops are ‘pay what you can’ with a few free spaces so that we can reach those who are financially struggling during Covid19.
A suggested donation is £5. If you love our work creating green spaces and green communities in London and would like to support us with a greater donation, we would be incredibly grateful.
Thank you so much.
We look forward to seeing you at our workshop!